So, who is Panduit and what work are they involved in?
One of the pioneered American companies in providing solutions to physical and electrical infrastructure for data centers, industrial and building automation, and services related to it. The headquarter is situated in Illinois. The subsidiaries are located at 112 locations all over the world.
The company is family-owned with 5,300 qualified employees where a billion of Euros of sales can be generated. An above-average investment is done by the global player in research and development, in first-class manufacturing, in the best possible support for its sales channels and also in customer services.
- As the future is going towards sustainability so are the companies and their interest towards that path. A holistic approach is pursued by Panduit for ecology and sustainability quest. One of the goals is in the conservation of energy whereby developing sustainable technologies, a positive impact can be created on the environment and climate as well, such as energy-saving, recycling sensibly and reduction in waste.
- One of the sustainable strategies is the optimization of the products where consistent compliance with the EU standards WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive), RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substance Directive) and REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals Directive).
- Environmental pollution has been a major factor in contributing nuisance, it has been tackled by emphasizing on the production scale where the hazardous substances and the polluting materials have been avoided.
- Handling the CO2 reduction with a long-term program to use efficient energy, consumption of energy to be reduced and ecological footprint to be minimized.
- The high integration of density helps in optimizing the space utilization for flexible data center solutions and power consumption. It helps in the reduction of its ecological footprint.
- Heat management is handled intelligently by using the CFD (Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics) for analysis method so that an optimal airflow pattern can be modeled.
The above-mentioned ways clearly show a picture of how companies like Panduit are actively participating in providing an environmentally friendly environment.