It is just not a hot topic or trending topic but global warming is something very real issues handled in our daily life. The consequences are on the epic scale often leading us to end our life. However, the issue can be seen seriously by many but how seriously is it taken by every citizen?
As per a survey conducted in the US by George Mason University, Centre for Climate Change communication,
- About 72% i.e. 7 out of 10, Americans think global warming is a serious issue which is happening however, 12%, i.e. 1 out 8 Americans, think it is not happening.
- About 52% of the Americans are extremely or very certain about global warming happening but 7% of them are extremely or very much sure that global warming is not happening.
- 59% of the Americans believe the responsibility for global warming is due to human behavior whereas 30% of them think it is due to natural environmental changes.
- The level of tension or worries raised in the issue is shown by only 30% of them whereas 66% of Americans are least worried about it.
- Somehow 53% have generated a feeling of helpless whereas 50% of the Americans are disgusted about the global warming issues.
- 46% of the Americans believe that global warming experience was personally felt by them and more than 45% of them think global warming is harming them right at the moment.
In my opinion, the global warming issues are taken seriously by most of the Americans and the point shows that how somehow life is being influenced by the impact of global warming but how far the measures in terms technical and socially circumstances will accept and help them to fight through it is still a pertaining question. The sustainable development goals and the use of the electric vehicle are showing that solutions are not far away but will it strongly cure the problem it is already done.