As per the reports by analyticsindianmag, 7.1% of the GDP share comes from the Indian automobile industry. The market is considered to reach a billion-dollar value by 2026. This results in India becoming the third-largest automotive market.
As stated by Gagandeep Reehal, Co-founder, CEO &CTO, Minus Zero “With a tremendous scale of impact and need, the autonomous vehicle industry has the potential to make India a global technology leader. With its chaotic & unstructured set of traffic conditions, it complements one of the toughest testing ground for autonomous vehicles.”
Tata launched its Elxsi, a full-stack Autonom AI for accelerating the AV market in India. The data needed for traffic patterns are being collected by Intel to create legal-based algorithms. The plan is to launch the vehicle in India as well as overseas also for AVs.
The top lists of Indian driverless Startup companies are:-
- Ati Motors- The company based in Bangalore, a team of 30 engineers. It was founded in 2017 by V.Vinay, Saurabh Chandra, and Saad Nasser. They are working on machine learning/AI, power electronics, control systems, mechanical engineering, system software, and electronic hardware also. The company is aiming for agility and maneuverability. The areas are autonomous, electric, sub-ton cargo with 3 wheel tadpole design.
- Flux Auto- The company is based in Bangalore. It was founded by Pranav Manpuria and Abhishek Gupta in 2017. The company is focused on commercial vehicles autonomous driving kits. The company uses the purpose-built embedded system for customization and high-performance delivery. The need to understand the operation and driving in a real-time environment, proximity sensors, radar, and state-of-the-art cameras are used in and around the vehicle.
- Giscle systems is founded by Suman Kumar Jha in 2017. It is based in Bangalore. A computer vision-driven startup. It delivers smart map and smart address solutions for AVs. The autonomous systems are developed with leave-one-out cross-validation using crowdsourced data. Three core services, detection, recognition, and analysis are offered. The startup offers facial recognition, body detection, and image recognition solution and also web API and an SDK for offline technology.
- Hi-Tech Robotic Systemz is founded by Anuj Kapuria in 2004. The company is based in Gurgaon. It delivers scalable, smart autonomous & assistive systems through disruptive business models for global customers. The next-generation mobility with state-of-the-art autonomous, drive assistive technology and mobile robots for passengers and good transportation are focused more.
- Minus Zero was founded by Gagandeep Reehal, Gursimran Kalra in 2020. It is based in Jalandhar. The company is focused on self-driving electric cars. The company is working with a hybrid neural network, various machine learning techniques, and open-source Python-based frameworks. The design work is developed in CAD environments for dynamic testing, design, and simulations.
- Netradyne was founded by Avneesh Agarwal and David Julian in 2015. The company is based in Bangalore and San Diego. The company is focused on Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Edge Computing for transformational solutions in the transportation industry. Artificial Intelligence is combined with video to detect, reason, and determine the causality of events to reduce accidents with the help of a new safe driving standard for commercial vehicles.
- OmniPresent Robot was founded by Aakash Sinha in 2010. It is one of the leading robotics, industrial UAV/drone, and video analytics solutions providers. The company is focused on building software for drones and robots for industrial inspections and defence. The expertise is computer vision, machine learning, and virtual reality for visual analytics and actionable insights.
- Quixote was founded by Akshay Gupta and Shubham Sharma in 2016. The company is based in Ahmedabad. The company is focused on connected cars, insuretech, ADAS, and autonomous vehicular technology. The products developed by the company so far are Scouto and Wheel Intel. Wheel Intel is for connected car systems suppliers for car manufacturers and fleet owners. Scouto is for the car to be safe, trackable, and environmentally friendly.
- Swaayatt Robots is founded by Sanjeev Sharma in 2015. The company is based in Bhopal. It is focused on level-5 autonomous driving technology in traffic and highly stochastic dynamics, adversarial traffic, unstructured environmental conditions as well as high definition maps.
- Fisheyebox was founded by Pinaki Laskar in 2015. It is based in Kolkata. The aim is to develop low budget driverless vehicles. The budget is less than INR 20 lakhs. They are aiming to create a self-driving cars with low budget sensors, cameras and antennae. They are looking for a modiefied version of the car. The vehicle can be controlled with joystick and got features such as voice recognition and software voice command such as “start engine”.