The most popular augmented reality apps in 2023 to download are:-
- Pokémon GO – This mega-popular app lets you catch, battle, and train virtual Pokémon that appear on your phone’s camera view of the real world. It’s been one of the most downloaded AR apps since its launch in 2016.
- Instagram – Instagram has AR filters that allow you to add effects and objects to your photos and videos. Many find it fun to use the filters to transform their selfies and stories.
- Snapchat – Similar to Instagram, Snapchat has AR lenses and filters you can use to enhance your snapped photos and videos. Snapchat AR features are playful ways to alter your media content.
- Ikea Place – This app lets you visualize Ikea furniture in your space using AR before you purchase. You can see how certain products like chairs, couches, and lamps fit into your home.
- Google Translate – Google Translate’s AR features allow you to instantly translate text using your phone’s camera. You can translate menus, signs, books, and much more in real-time.
- Houzz – With Houzz, you can use AR to get an idea of how certain furniture and décor items would look in your home before buying them. Their visualization tools are helpful for design planning.
- Sephora – Sephora has an AR mirror that lets you virtually try on different makeup products. You can test colors, lipsticks, eyeshadows, and more to see what suits you.
- Amazon – Amazon’s app has an AR view feature that places items you’re browsing in your physical environment. You can use it to visualize how products would fit and look in your space.
- YouCam Makeup: The app allows users to try on makeup virtually using their smartphone camera.
- Giphy World: The app allows users to create and share AR GIFs.
- Just a Line: The app allows users to draw in AR and share their creations with others.
- ScopeAR: The app allows the creation and sharing of AR instructions and training materials.
- Augment: The app allows users to visualize products in their own space before making any purchase.
- Microsoft Math Solver: The app allows users to solve math problems using the smartphone camera.
- Roar: One of the best AR apps targeted to business owners to create an AR-powered online store accessible when customers can scan product packaging at home.
- Amikasa: Home-furnishing AR apps available only on iOS that focus on aggregating products from all over the web rather than visiting every store or website.
- Wanna Kicks: Top AR apps designed specifically for sneaker lovers for virtual versions of footwear on your feet.
The most common AR apps for people to use it for fun, utility, shopping, and more. AR apps are constantly expanding due to high demand and versatile capabilities.