The top 5 upcoming electric bikes and scooters in India are:-
- Suzuki Burgman Street Electric: It is going to launch in October 2022. The price range is Rs. 1,05,000 to Rs. 1,20,000. The competitors in the market are Okinawa i-Praise, BGauss D15 & TVS iQube. Simple energy launching in August 2022 is also a direct competitor to Street Electric. The design is similar to its ICE counterpart. It got a range of 60-80 km with its top speed. Needs to be seen for its capability with super fast-charging and battery swappable functions.
- Ultraviolette F77: Its maximum battery capacity is 4.2 kWh. It is designed with a 10th Gen battery management system. With a 1kW standard charger, 5 hours of charging time are needed and a 3 kW portable charger for a fast 1.5 hours. The top speed is 147 kmph. The range is 130-150 km/charge. The price of the vehicle is Rs.3,00,000. The acceleration is 0-60 kmph in 2.9 seconds.
- Bajaj electric scooter: The range is 95 km/charge. The battery can be recharged 100% in 5 hours. In 60 minutes, it can be recharged up to 25%. The battery warranty is 70,000 km or 7 years. The motor power is 4080 W. The top speed is 63 kmph. The drive type is a hub motor. The battery capacity is 2.9 kWh.
- Hero MotoCorp Electric Scooter: The range is 85 km/charge. The top speed is 25 kmph. It is a hub motor drive type. The charging time is 4-5 hours. The battery capacity is 51.2 V/30 Ah. It got 3 years warranty. The cost is Rs. 59,640.
- Hop OXO: It is a Jaipur-based EV manufacturer. The company is expected to launch its indigenous hyper-speed motorcycle soon. The bike is launched with a range of 130-150 km on a single charge. In 10 seconds it can reach 80/90 kmph. The top speed is 100km/hr and 100 km per charge.
My favorite is Ultraviolette F77. Let’s see how well it performs in the long run and whether it sustains the race of competition.