A survey by EAFO in 2019, shows the leading passenger electric vehicle models in the UK:-
- Mitsubishi Outlander (PHEV) got the highest sell of its EV models in the UK. A total of 48,307 EVs were sold out in the UK. In Dec 2019, more than 700 models from Mitsubishi were sold out whereas, in Nov 2019, more than 1000 models got sold out.
- Nissan Leaf sold more than 33,000 EVs in the UK. In Dec. 2019, more than 5000 EV models from Nissan got sold out in the UK.
- BMW 330e got sold more than 18,000 models. In Dec. 2019, more than 13,000 EV models from BMW got sold out.
- BMW 530e got sold more than 12, 900 models.
- Mercedes C350e got sold more than 10,800 models.
- BMW i3 got sold more than 10,600 models.
- Renault Zoe got sold more than 10,600 models.
- Tesla Model 3 got sold more than 10,500 models.
- Tesla Model S got sold more than 10,400 models.
- Volkswagen Golf GTE got sold more than 9,000 models.
The leading EV models are from Mitsubishi, Nissan, and BMW. The manufacturers from Japan are way ahead in electric vehicles also.
Source:- Statista (EV market).