Odisha Government is laying no stone unturned for its employees to purchase EVs. The transition from petroleum fuel is been done with an interest-free loan to the employees for an EV purchase.
The target is to achieve 25% EVs on road by 2025:-
- The deadline for the advance for EV purchase is till 31 December 2025 for the state government employees. No application will be considered after the expiry date.
- The interest-free advance purchase of EV is limited to Group A and Group B categories of gov. employees.
- The advance amount is limited to 75% of the EV cost to a maximum of Rs. 15 lakh.
- Group C and Group D government employees are provided with a purchase of interest-free electric two-wheeler (electric motorcycle/scooter/scooty/invalid carriages). The advance amount is limited to 75% to a max of 2 Lakh.
- The advance amount needs to be recovered in 100 equal installments from the monthly salary of the government employees in subsequent months.
- Any unwanted situation such as retirement/expiration before repaying the loan, the amount will be collected from the arrear salary bill, leave salary bill, pension, commutation pension, or gratuity before its disbursements.
- If there is a resignation, then the amount is recovered under OPDR Act.
- The government employee can repay the installment in advance also.
Also, the Odisha government will provide a 15 percent subsidy for the purchase of electric vehicles. For E2W, a 15% subsidy, up to a maximum of Rs. 5,000. For E3W, 15% subsidy, up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000 and for E4W, subsidy for up to Rs. 50,000.
Source:- The EV times