In 2020, the global AI in the healthcare industry was valued to be US$6.7 billion. The market size is expected to increase to US$61.59 billion by 2028.
A push to use more AI in the healthcare industry is due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Even though major setback was noticed in the automotive or IT industries. But healthcare industry was booming during pandemics.
Even identifying some of the symptoms and using Ai- tech to detect and diagnose the virus in the outbreak, helped in personalizing the learning information.
Technology has always played a major role in the healthcare industry. Making the diagnosis or other surgical items more accurate and technically useful for the patients also. It shows that how far with technical advancements, the health industry can revolutionize like anything.
So, let’s see some of the AI companies in the US working towards the healthcare industry:-
- Covera Health – The company is located in New York. The company works with clinical analytics to reduce misdiagnosis in patients. The company is focused on radiology for an early and accurate diagnosis among patients.
- Well– The company is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It focuses on personalizing the health guidance for each user using an AI-driven health engine. It allows the patients to be more informed about the care and the decisions that need to be taken. The analysis by the health engine is based on both personal and external health data. It helps users with screenings and questionaries through prescription support, vaccination advice, recommending doctors visits, or any specific condition guidance.
- PathAI – The company is located in Boston. The company is focused on using AI technologies for pathologists. It is focused on analyzing tissue samples and making accurate diagnostics. The company also worked with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Philips for high-volume prognostic test supporting tools.
- Pager– The company is located in New York City. The company focuses on using AI to help patients with minor aches, pains, and illnesses. The pager app also works as a 24/7 professional assistant as a nurse, doctor call via video chat, and fills up the needed prescription.
- Atomwise– The company is located in San Francisco. The company is focused on facilitating drug discovery. The company is involved in tackling issues like Ebola and multiple sclerosis. The technology used is based on convolutional neural networks.
- Massachusetts General Hospital– The company is located in Boston. It has partnered with the computing company NVIDIA to detect diseases, diagnosis, treatments, and management processes using AI-powered machines.
In my opinion, AI can be exploited like anything for new discoveries in the health care market. But a major advantage is to help in diagnosis.
Even correctly identifying the symptoms in a more accurate way is nothing but a personalized assistant with you all the time. Health is wealth. Be it mental or physical. Hoping to see more such AI apps being used as an added assistant in specialized health areas.
Source:- AI in the health industry.