The company formed by one of the richest persons in the world and a leading organization in the world of e-commerce revolutionizing the online business platform cannot keep its hand and experiment with the latest AI technologies and how the services can be incorporated into its Alexa device to enhance its capabilities.
The AI platform being launched by Amazon in November 2016 is installed with new services such as Rekognition, Amazon Polly, and lex for enterprises. Around US$100 million has been invested by the company in the Alexa fund along with the investment made in 22 start-ups developing the various products at different stages.
As the company is completely immersed in its vision to capture and hold a standardized mark in the respective field of conversational AI, university students are challenged to come up with new ideas and concepts to develop bots to have a human conversation.
The following services are the outcomes of AI research: –
- Amazon Rekognition provides image recognition, categorization, and facial analysis expertise to detect human faces, emotions or identify a particular subject is wearing glasses or not.
- Amazon Polly is working on a deep-learning powered text-to-speech service helping in converting an input text into an MP3 stream sound to have an actual conversation.
- Amazon Go is a retail store that uses AI techniques like computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning for making the shopping process much smarter.
- Amazon Alexa is a natural language processing system to answer questions related to weather reports, music play, and controlling the lights in the house. Products such as Echo, Echo dot, Amazon Tap, and Amazon Fire TV are powered by Alexa’s services.
- Cybersecurity is an acquired harvest ai for tracking user behavior changes, business system, application to prevent data theft.
In my opinion, the way Amazon conquered the online or the e-commerce platform, the vision of AI can be seen somewhat related to diversified into providing security services to enable a more customer enriched shopping experience.
The world of the internet is small as we have seen the evolution of Google letting the Internet explore becoming an obsolete thing. Nobody knows what’s the future of the e-commerce market and how is it going to evolve.