A great impact was made by Volta’s column on science.
- It was the first stable power source.
- Its invented electrolysis and many base metals were represented for the first time.
- The birth of Electric telegraphy.
- The first illumination by arc lamps was invented but it was ineffective.
- In 1839, for the first time, an electric boat was sailing that was powered by a Voltaic column.
The following invention made Volta immortal where the unit of electrical voltage was agreed to be “volts” at the end of the 19th century. As he died in 1827, Volta didn’t receive this honor.