“Sustainability is not an option, it’s an obligation.” – Jean-Louis Chaussade, CEO of SUEZ
Top 5 Pros of Sustainability in France:-
- Environmental protection: Through various policies and initiatives France reduced the environmental impact and promoted sustainable development by improving air and water quality to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Economic benefits: The sustainable efforts led to the new industries development and job opportunities in areas of renewable energy and green technology.
- Improved quality of life: The practice led to improve air and water quality as well as reduced noise pollution with a higher quality of life for French citizens.
- International leadership: A commitment to sustainability made it a global leader to combat climate change and promote sustainable development.
- Energy independence: The increased use of renewable energy sources and reducing the dependency on fossil fuels helped France to decrease its reliance on foreign energy sources and hence energy security got increased.
Some of the examples of sustainability projects that led to the increase of sustainable life for French citizens are:-
- The “Eco-Quartiers” project promotes the sustainable urban development and renovation of the existing building to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.
- “Autolib” electric car-sharing program launched in 2011 in Paris reduced the number of cars on the road by providing short-term electric cars to be on rent for the residents and visitors.
- “La Ruche Qui dit Oui!” focuses on a network of small-scale farmers and food producers to promote sustainable agriculture and local food systems.
- The “Réseau Ferré de France” project is based on a high-speed train network connecting the major cities in France. It aims on reducing the number of cars on the road by reducing air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
These are just a few examples of initiatives taken by France and not the only ones. But, shows the remarkable cost-effective ideas for removing the pollution problems on the road. Something other country citizens can also look forwards to and may perhaps adopt as a mandatory way to handle the pertaining issues of climate problems.