As per experts, the reason why green waste recycling should be a priority is because it is the best method to reduce greenhouse gases and combat climate change. Green waste usually includes yard trimmings and garden-related organic materials that can be composted to reduce the amount of methane gas produced in landfills.
Methane is also a potent greenhouse gas that contributes significantly to climate change.
Recycling green garbage may be used to conserve natural resources and lessen air and water pollution brought on by the disposal of hazardous waste. A sustainable future is a top priority for municipalities and individuals.
The main reasons why Green waste recycling should be a priority are:
- Greenhouse gas emissions reduced: One of the best ways for green waste recycling by municipalities is to reduce greenhouse gases. Food composting and yard trimmings can reduce the impact on landfills or even the environment and help combat harmful gases in the future. Food waste diversion from landfills is a top priority for the US government to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.
- Soil health improvement: Green waste recycling is the best way to promote plant hydration and add nutrients to the soil. Anaerobic digestion can be used for green waste to be successfully converted to compost to improve soil health.
- Waste pollution reduction: Recycling assists in preventing waste from entering water sources, which should be a top focus for clean rivers.
- Landfill life extension: Green waste diversion from landfills by municipalities to extend the landfill’s life and reduce the green waste amount
The major benefits of Green waste recycling are:
- Natural resources conservation: Green waste recycling supports reducing the need for new raw materials from the Earth and, hence, conserving natural resources.
- Ecosystems and wildlife protection: Recycling can help mitigate negative effects on the environment, such as deforestation, air, water, and soil pollution, and harm to animals.
- Demand for raw material reduction: Recycling can lower the need for fresh raw materials, reducing the risk of displacing or taking advantage of disadvantaged groups.
- Saving energy: Recycled materials also require less energy than raw materials.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions: Recycling greenhouse gas emissions and processing new raw materials might lessen the need for energy-intensive extraction by keeping methane-emitting trash out of landfills.
In my opinion, Green waste recycling is an utmost priority due to its various benefits and should be recognized more due to its cost-saving utilization and also other means to support reducing energy.