What if you can program an application without the need of having in-depth programming knowledge? Low-code solutions are your answers. It was formerly known as Rapid Application Development. As per Forrester, the market for low-code platforms is worth to be $22 billion by 2022.
With the pandemic, the working style of the companies is shifted with a focus more on digitalization and making it effective with people who are not from a traditional programming world. Also, the need to reduce the load of papers in the office is pushing the low-code platforms to become effective for signing important documents or having to reduce the burdensome load of papers in the office.
Low-code platforms are the development of smaller applications using visual and graphical capabilities rather than traditional text-based programming techniques. For example, Microsoft 365 with the Microsoft power platform supports digital apps.
The digitization of the industrial processes is supported by Low-code solutions for efficient management tools throughout the company. As per the current German Social Collaboration study, the degree of maturity of employees in production or direct customer contact at 3.77 is behind the information workers (4.20).
As compared to the previous year, the gap got narrowed to 11 percent from 20 percent. The workers who got a high degree of social collaboration maturity are 42 percent more efficient than those with a low degree of maturity. There is a tremendous need for appropriate devices, applications, and training for greater use of the advantages of digitization.
In production plants also low-code solutions are effective. The manufacturing companies can use the low-code solutions in inventory or manage the machinery efficiently. It can help the machines to optimize shift allocation.
Contract management, quality management, and quality inspection are effective areas for companies to implement digitalization. The apps can monitor the on-site auditing at the plant for planning, carrying out, or documentation and also make it easier for tracking materials in the production process or asset tracking to a certain extent.
Even in post-merger integrations, status recording, needs analysis, planning, and implementation to be carried out via an app. Or informing the employees about upcoming system changes and conversions. With a sheer amount of speed, low code technology is becoming one of the competitive platforms in the digitalized world and competitive advantage.
As per the experts, benefits provide solutions in saving development time, reducing costs, and keeping own applications up to date. An example of integrating AI-based Google applications for image recognition, natural language processing (NLP), and translation in creating applications.
Even WordPress, Shopify, blogger, Wix, or Medium are bridging the gap of building your website with less programming language but just a creative expression for viewers to acknowledge your work. The ready-made click-and-connect applications with modular building blocks are increasing positively for the low-code environment.
The low code has been seen as prominent with RPA and AI functionalities for significant digitization.
The providers of low-code platforms are:
- Intrexx graphical interfaces, business apps that can be created quickly and intuitively with drag & drop.
- K2 enables companies to transform manual paper-based workflows into powerful digital processes.
- Ninox is a user-friendly platform for developing individual business applications without programming knowledge.
- Scheer PAS platform is for flexible end-to-end individual support.
- SCOPELAND method for a low-code approach to developing sophisticated database applications.
- Little code allows users to create their applications.
- Agile app solutions for modern, and competitive processes.
- Software AG uses the drag and drops technique for your application on a visual palette. The data can be copied and pasted from spreadsheets.
- VisionX allows the creation of visual software in real-time.
- REWOO Software for designing workflows, recording and analyzing key figures, and managing documents.
- Appian automation platform uses RPA (robotic process automation), business process management, and rule-based decisions using drag-and-drop and point-and-click tools.
- Auto ML software to generate machine learning (ML) models on application knowledge.
- Mendix apps for an organization’s Mendix portal or multi-app environment with just one click.
- Bubble for a professional website with interactive applications for desktop and mobile.
- Codejig app builder for developing business applications with visual programming and powerful tools for modification of business apps.
- Aware IM for highly rich internet applications for mobile, PC, Linux, and Mac that run on the platform without programming languages.
- Aras for creating robust software applications in the PLM sector.
- Speed from Appollo Digital Innovation Platform to create own applications graphically with the mouse using drag & drop.
Source: Industry of things