So as the industry is progressing in Industry 4.0! Digitalization has created a new technological wave and era whereby new concepts and objectives are being implemented by various automobile companies. Some knowns Automobile companies are playing a huge role to adapt to digitalization to implement Smart Factory.
A process known as digital transformation consists of various stages that differ from the traditional hierarchical levels and with the right mindset, success can be guaranteed.
The main objectives of Mercedes-Benz’s Smart Factory are:-
- Flexibility is greater where a faster reaction is enabled by the Smart Factory for the manufacturing of global market fluctuations and an increase in the individual demand of the customers. With the help of digital production, complex manufacturing can be easier.
- Efficiency is increased: — Resources such as energy, buildings, or inventories which are a decisive competitive factor can be used efficiently. A digital process chain with an end-to-end function is known as a permanent inventory. At any time and at any moment, components are easily identified. From any place and anywhere, systems can be controlled.
- Speed is increased: — The production process is flexible, adapting the existing production process can be simplified. Installing new equipment and production facility enables the simple and more efficient production processes. Thereby shorter innovation cycles are allowed. From time to time in the market, innovative products can be brought in a series.
- The working environment can be attractive: — HMI (Human-machine interface) enables the interaction to be active between man and machine. Through the new user interface, the working world can be changed in many areas like Qualification and Ergonomics. With respect to the change in demography, new perspectives on the future work and leisure models of life have emerged.
- Smart Logistic: — Through the customer’s vehicle configuration and order, and due to the determination of the parts demand, procurement has been successful through product and delivery.
Source:- Industrie 4.0 – Digitalisierung ! by Prof. Dr. Frank Lehmann.