SEW-Eurodrive GmbH & Co. KG is a German manufacturing company. It is headquartered in Bruchsal, Germany. It was founded in 1931.
The company is involved in producing gear units, motors, electric motors, and inverter technology. The revenue generated EUR 3.31 billion (2021).
Christian Pähr founded Süddeutsche Elektromotorenwerke – SEW.
MAXOLUTION AGV is suitable for multiple functions based on the requirements. It consists of working functions of transporting, lifting, rotating, conveying, and an extendable fork arm option. The modular design of AGV is optimum for customer adaptation.
Maxolution mobile material handling systems or AGVs designed by SEW-EURODRIVE, combines the benefits of stationary conveyor technology with maximum flexibility and scalability this ensuring process, systems, and staff safety.
It clearly defines the interfaces and interacts with various high-level customer systems to enable the AGVs to travel predefined routes statically and dynamically. Also, based on the order, it can individually calculate its route through the factory.
- The modular design of AGV allows SEW-EURODRIVE offers every customer the perfect solution for their requirements.
- Due to the modular design, a wide variety of functions can be integrated with the individual modules.
- Vehicles that are customer-specific can be configured in a quick and optimum way because of the standardized and modular design.
- The complexity of construction is reduced due to the modular design.
AGV means an Automated guided vehicle, a mobile robot that follows markers or wires on the floor or uses lasers to navigate with a controlled movement. It can safely and autonomously transport loads in production, distribution logistics, and warehouses.
The advantages of AGVs:-
- Easy integration with industry 4.0 and IoT
- Highly efficient, reliable, and predictable material movement.
- Damage is reduced to the material during transporting and loading/unloading.
- Precision control and higher positioning accuracy.
- Flexibility to accommodate changes in production requirements.
- Faster movement of material over long distances.
- Can easily negotiate narrow aisles and require a short turning radius.
- Safety and productivity are increased
- Scalability is expanded for the plant or warehouse.
- Labour and associated costs are reduced.
- Saving the floor space as they do not occupy fixed space, unlike stationary conveyors.
- Lower damage to the floor compared to heavy vehicles such as lift trucks
- Lower cost of operations and maintenance.
- It can work 24 hours a day.
The industries, AGVs provide services are automotive, auto ancillary, manufacturing, rubber & tire, material handling, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, warehousing, etc.
The typical applications:-
- Components and raw material handling.
- Movement of semi-assembled/work-in-process material.
- Tooling transportation.
- Finished goods movement
- Storage and retrieval of material from the racks/block storage
- Cartons, crate, and pallet handling
- Long-distance transportation of material
- End-of-line (EOL)
Let’s check the latest video @ an event held in Mumbai, AutomationExpo 2022,
MAXOLUTION transport AGV: ST series– It is particularly suitable for transport tasks in production and distribution logistics. It can carry up to 500 kg load when placed atop AGV and has to pull load capacity of up to 1000 kg for manual tugging.
It is a compact design and modular construction to make it possible to optimize and customize the design. The standardized interfaces allow easy integration of different load-handling devices such as bins, parts, tires, etc.
UR series known as Under Ride AGV has been specially developed for transport tasks in production and distribution logistics. Its compact design and differential drive also make it possible to use the vehicle in the compact factory layout.
The modular design makes it possible to transport different load carriers such as pallets, frames, or customized constructions. An integrated lift can also lift loads up to 1500 kg.
TL series known as Tunnelling/Lurking AGV is used to transport parts in a trolley eg. child parts, storage parts, and customer-specific parts. It is used for parts transport in machine shops, assembly lines, and incoming/outgoing storage for any production logistics.
As can be seen, the TL series is offered in two variants 200 kg lifting and 500 kg lifting with an integrated lift that can lift loads up to 500 kg.
TG series are known as Tugger AGV. It is available in two variants, Tugger with Auto Hooking/Release and Tugger with Manual Hooking/auto Release.
It is particularly suitable for transporting material over longer distances within the facility or between facilities with a predetermined stop location, where the operator could add parts to the trolley or remove parts from the trolley tugged to the AGV. TG series can pull a train of trolleys, It is available for towing capacity up to 500 kg and 1000 kg.
FL series is perfectly suitable for pickup and delivery, which can be performed at the floor level or for storage stacking, deep lane storage, and conveyors. counter Balanced Forklifts are the ideal solution for EOL (End-of-line) applications, warehouses, and distribution centers and can also be used for a wide range of other applications.
FL series is without wheel arms and equipped with an additional counterbalance. It is mainly for closed loads and transfer positions that can be served without wheel arms on the industrial truck. They are perfectly suitable for automatic goods transport in a confined area and can pick up and deliver goods at the floor level or order picking via conveyors, palletizers or stretchers,
AM series is designed specifically for the 2-wheelers manufacturing (automotive) industry for the bike assembly process. AGV comes with a 360-degree rotatable fixture and a hitch provision for connecting kitting trolley that serves the operator to ease the assembly process. The safe occupancy detection makes it possible for the vehicle to switch between assembly mode and normal driving mode. It is designed for multi-model vehicle assembly lines.
MOVI-C® CONTROLLER units use classic Fieldbus–slave interfaces for the PROFINET, PROFIBUS, EtherNet/IPTM, or Modbus TCP Fieldbus systems to connect to the higher-level controller of a machine cell or system. They handle the communication with the higher-level devices, for instance, a MOVIDRIVE® application inverter, and ensure a synchronous connection between these devices and the motion/application.