Some of the top technology attracting huge investment in the automotive sector are:
- Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS): These systems use sensors such as cameras, radar, and lidar to help drivers stay safe on the road. ADAS features include lane departure warnings, automatic emergency braking, and adaptive cruise control.
- Electric vehicle (EV) batteries: As the demand for electric vehicles continues to grow, the development of more efficient and longer-lasting batteries is becoming increasingly important. This includes the development of solid-state batteries and other advanced technologies that can improve the range and performance of electric vehicles.
- Infotainment systems: In-car infotainment systems are becoming increasingly advanced, with features such as large touchscreen displays, voice recognition, and integration with smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Telematics: Telematics systems use GPS and other technologies to track the location and status of vehicles, and they are becoming increasingly important for fleet management and other applications.
- Lidar: Lidar is a technology that uses laser beams to create 3D maps of a vehicle’s surroundings, and it is a key component in autonomous driving systems.
The demand for increasingly sophisticated and specialized technological devices is being driven by the development of autonomous cars and the expansion of electric vehicles.