Bosch Rexroth was formerly advertised as The Drive & Control Company. It is a German industrial company in Drive and control technology field. It is headquartered in Lohr am Main, Stuttgart.
Bosch Rexroth was created on May 1, 2001, as a merger of Mannesmann Rexroth AG with the Automation Technology division of Bosch.
After the merger, it has been a total subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH. It is well known for Bosch Automation, Brueninghaus Hydromatik, Indramat, Lohmann & Stolterfoht, Mecman, Rexroth Hydraulics and Star. They are known for a wide range of support to leading automotive OEMs, and Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.
Bosch Rexroth well known for its automation technology is widely supporting the challenges faced in scaling up the Battery pack and e-axle production.
As per an article published in chargedevs,
The challenges such as maintaining the high-speed welding quality or improving the manual assembly line. Bosch Rexroth proved its worth.
- It introduced the PRC7000 welding controller platform to solve complex welding challenges. Such as in EVs where the body parts need to be welded with high-speed six-axis robots for advanced welding controls. The weld quality needs to be extremely precise in control of the long-term performance of the vehicle. If the welding is poor in quality then the body parts can face separation and vibration over the period. By using PRC7000, the heat blocks are expanded. Hence the plant operation can be customized with welding for a specific throughput and material characteristics. The welding platform can also store up to 10,000 welding programs with an easily built drag-and-drop interface for incorporating more sophisticated welding sequences. The platform is highly advantageous over older generation systems.
- Exact ION series of cordless screwdrivers as an intelligent tightening tool for providing products and good quality control. Exact precision is needed to operate flawlessly in the assembling of headlights, windshields, retractable sunroofs, seats, and door and window control installation for connecting it to the vehicle’s control module. Exact ION offers industry-leading accuracy, durability, and energy efficiency, as well as ergonomic design and lower weight to enhance worker comfort. Such I4.0 tools provide the needed support in the assembly lines for increasing the throughput and operating with greater flexibility and also generating the needed critical data for the plant operators to improve training, workflows, and lean manufacturing principles.
- The most valued assets in the long-term performance of the EVs are the battery and hence the battery production requires a high throughput rate that is combined with extremely tight assembly tolerances and good quality control systems. The major steps involved in battery pack production include electrode production, cell assembly, module assembly, and pack construction with end-of-line battery testing.ctrlX Automation platform provides the necessary features in the advanced controller and drive system for high-throughput production processes. It provides the necessary advanced closed-loop sag and loop control for breakage elimination and waste minimization. It also supports cell production by combining individual batteries in cylindrical, pouch, or other formats.
- Smart Function kit for handling is also used in high-speed robotic handling systems, i.e. delta robots or linear robots. The kit is for plug and production with online supportive tools for quick and intuitive component selection and configuration. The software is an easy mode for easier commission and faster production to help speed the market.
- VarioFlow plus plastic chain conveyors support the transfer systems for rapidly moving products to a linear motor-driven system with the transport of up to over 400 kg. The conveyors can rapidly move cell assemblies horizontally, and vertically, around obstacles or processes that are integrated with flows. They also support workpiece pallets in the conveyor belt system.
- Flexible Transport System to support pallet-based transport for allowing individual carrier control with complex movement at faster throughput rates.
- Autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) support intralogistics with unique equipment for addressing virtually every battery production transport challenge.