It is not just Tata but Mahindra & Mahindra also leading the electrifying vision road with the launch of five new SUVs.
The key strategic pillars, Mahindra & Mahindra are known for, Design, Brand, and cutting-edge technology.
Mahindra launched its two iconic brands, the Twin Peak logo in Copper and the only electric brand BE OS.
The foundation led to the manifestation of the five iconic brands of e-SUVs, XUV.e8, XUV.e9, BE.05, BE0.7, and BE0.9.
The first of these models is to be launched between 2024 and 2026.
As per Dr. Anish Shah, Managing Director & CEO, Mahindra Group,
“We are proud and delighted to showcase our Born Electric vision. It provides a strategic direction that is in line with our core philosophy of ‘Rise’- to be an organization that will be counted among the best in the world and at the same time rise for our planet to fight against climate change. Mahindra will offer customers future-ready technology, head-turning design, world-class products, and the benefits of global partnerships. By 2027, we expect a quarter of the SUVs we sell will be electric.”
The INGLO platform technology will be mostly used in all the upcoming Mahindra EVs. Indian at heart and global reach, the INGLO platform encapsulates progressive battery technology, platform architecture, brain power, and human-machine interface.
The capabilities of the INGLO Platform are:-
- INGLO offers endless adaptability and optimized architecture for modular and scalable design.
- Versatile capabilities significantly reduce underbody weight, leading to one of the lightest skateboards.
- A standard battery pack design with lean modules and standardized cell-to-pack technology with two different cutting-edge cell architectures – Blade and Prismatic.
- 60-80 KWhr battery capacity with an incredible 175 kW fast-charge with a charging capability of 80% in less than 30 minutes.
- An All-in-one electric engine with motor-inverter transmission integrated into a single unit forms the powertrain. It is offered with both rear-wheel and all-wheel drive.
- 170-210 kW is developed with a whopping 250-290 kW. In 5-6 seconds, the promise of standstill to 100 kmph.
- Safety with a structural cage around the passenger cabin designed especially for passenger injury.
- Excellent battery protection with ensured ultra-high-strength boron steel.
- New e-SUVs are also tested at the world’s largest battery development and testing center.
A multisensorial driving experience is also delivered by INGLO with a futuristic, augmented reality-enabled heads-up display, an edge-to-edge screen, 5G network capability, and Over-the-Air updates for the EVs.
“We aim to not only electrify the roads but also the hearts and minds of SUV aficionados in India and around the world.” – Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director- Auto and Farm Sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra.