The several future predictions for the company and technology to revolutionize the energy storage industry are:-
- Adoption increase of electric vehicles: The fast-charging battery technology by StoreDot could support overcoming the major barriers to the widespread adoption of electric vehicles. The technology supports charging electric vehicles in a few minutes by making them convenient and practical for everyday use.
- The use of fast-charging batteries can help in transcending the limitations and obstacles present in accelerating the transition to electric vehicles and reducing greenhouse gas emissions from transportation.
- Usage in other industries: The primary focus of the company is in the automotive industry but can be expanded into other industries also to improve the performance and energy efficiency of smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. The application could be used in grid-scale applications for energy storage such as in wind and solar power.
- Silicon-dominant battery technology got the potential to lower costs to be cheaper and more sustainable than traditional battery technologies. If they can control the production cost, the technology will become more adopted on a wider scale to help down the driving cost of electric vehicles and rely on other battery applications.
- The increased competition in battery technology could lead to improving innovation and improvement of the energy storage industry. It could lead to innovative ideas and ways to enhance the quality of the energy storage market.
As we are shifting into a more energy-preserving environment and becoming more responsible towards technology, that could lead us to be more sustainable and improve green technology.
The future shows that companies like StoreDot could provide a solution not just for one industry but for a chain of different industries and markets to dive into new possibilities and find solutions valuable enough to motivate the new trend of electrification into a new paradigm of movement.
However, the challenges of making it safe and reliable for mass use are major obstacles and need to be addressed in a serious way to handle the issues.