As per McKinsey’s report, industrial robots are designated as “low volume, high complexity”.
“The low-volume designation is related to the relatively small number of machines that are produced and deployed within each specification. Two realities characterize the high complexity of the industrial robotics sector: first, the breadth of different machine types that can be included under the umbrella is massive, just in the sheer number of machine types. Second, there is also great variety when it comes to the size, technology, and application areas of robots.”
As per the physical attributes, industrial robots are categorized such as height, weight, reach, etc., or interaction with humans, mobility, and level of autonomy.
Why Industrial robots?
- Quality and quantity enhanced in production
- Safety is improved
- Solving Labor shortage issues
- Dealing with complexities of industrial operations
- Enhancing flexibility
- Enhancing precision in the automotive manufacturing process
- Demand increased in other sectors such as electronics, pharmaceuticals, food, machinery and equipment, and metals.
- Genrobotics– A Thiruvananthapuram-based startup joined hands with the Kerala government to release a spider-shaped robot named “Bandicoot” for cleaning sewers and manholes in the city.
- Robocop– A police robot to assist in handling city crimes in Hyderabad. It is designed to protect and secure places like offices, malls, airports, signal posts, and other public spaces.
- Kempa– A special type of robot to build the needs of the Kempegowda International Airport to answer queries of confused passengers in English as well as Kannada.
- INDRO– The tallest humanoid robot built in India. A house builds an autonomous robot with low-cost materials like aluminum, wood, cardboard, plastic, etc.
- Manav– India’s first 3D-printed humanoid robot with an inbuilt vision and sound processing capability.
- DRDO’s Daksh– It is designed for detecting and recovering Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
Industrial robot manufacturers:-
- Asimov Robots Pvt Ltd
- Milagrow HumanTech
- Invento Robotics
- Persapien Innovations
Other Industrial robot companies in India are:-
- DiFACTO Robotics and Automation
- Gridbots Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Hi-tech Robotic Systemz Ltd
- Pari Robotics
- Systemantics India Pvt. Ltd
- ASIMOV Robotics Pvt. Ltd.
- Bharati Robotic Systems
- Grey Orange India Pvt. Ltd.
- Invento Robotics
- Nocca Robotics
- Planys Technologies
- Sastra Robotics India Pvt. Ltd.
- Unbox Robotics