The main examples of AI-powered virtual assistants or chatbots used in Durga Puja eco-friendly projects are:-
- Eco-Bot: The West Bengal Pollution Control Board (WBPCB) created Eco-Bot, a chatbot, to increase awareness about environmental challenges and encourage eco-friendly actions during Durga Puja. The chatbot answers questions on green idols, trash management, noise pollution, air quality, and eco-friendly prizes. Users can interact with Eco-Bot through Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp.
- Durga Puja Guide: Durga Puja Guide is a virtual assistant that assists users in planning their Durga Puja schedule and exploring the greatest pandals in Kolkata. The virtual assistant makes individualized recommendations depending on the user’s interests, location, and time. Users may also learn about the history, culture, and practices of Durga Puja. Durga Puja Guide is available on Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Pujo Hoppers: Pujo Hoppers is a chatbot that assists users in discovering and navigating the most popular Durga Puja pandals in Kolkata. The chatbot uses artificial intelligence to deliver tailored routes, real-time traffic reports, parking information, and pandal ratings. Users may also provide feedback and photographs to the chatbot. Pujo Hoppers is accessible through Facebook Messenger.
- Pujor Batul: A software firm in Kolkata established a chatbot called ‘Pujor Batul’ to give information about eco-friendly pandals, idols, and decorations. People were able to ask questions and receive recommendations on green materials and sources.
- Debi: In 2020, the Calcutta Times introduced ‘Debi,’ an AI-powered virtual assistant designed to promote environmentally aware festivities. Debi used green principles to deliver real-time data about pandals and assisted people in finding them.
- Banita: In Bhubaneswar, a conversational agent named ‘Banita’ was designed by a student group to encourage the donation of plantable idols and the promotion of safe visarjan practices. Banita spread awareness through social media handles.
Chatbots are used to collect pandal visitor data in order to monitor footfall and crowds for better management and to reduce environmental effects. In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, AI helpers have been built to address questions about cleanliness, safety, and social separation during Durga Puja.