Reading Time: 2 minutes
- ABB was founded in 1988 and it is based in Zürich, Switzerland. It is specialized in robotics, automation technology, and power equipment.
- Fanuc was founded in 1972 and it is based in Oshino, Japan. It is specialized in robotics and other automation equipment, mainly CNC machines.
- KUKA was founded in 1898 and is based in Augsburg, Germany. It ventured into industrial automation and automatic welding system. It got owned by the Chinese company Midea Group in 2016.
- Yaskawa was founded in 1915 and is based in Fukuoka, Japan. It is specialized in industrial robots, and robots have hydraulically driven.
- Comau was founded in 1973 and is based in Turin, Italy. It specialized in the first laser robot for GM in the 1980s. It is involved in collaborative robots and Aura cobot.
Market share of the top industrial robotic companies in 2022
- Epson was founded in 1942 and is based in Nagano, Japan. It is specialized in wearable and industrial products.
- Kawasaki was founded in 1896 and is based in Japan. It is the world’s first industrial robot company.
- Stäubli robots company was founded in 1892 and is based in Horgen, Switzerland. It is involved in diversified robotics.
- Omron was founded in 1933 and is based in Osaka, Japan. They partnered with Techman Robot in 2018. The company is involved in collaborative robots, industrial robots, mobile robots, SCARAs, and Delta robots.
- Universal robots were founded in 2005 and are based in Odense, Denmark. It is specialized in the collaborative robot.
- Mitsubishi was founded in 1921 and is based in Tokyo, Japan. The company is involved in an industrial automation system.